Reflection Post: Anger is a Mirror!


I didn't expect to post anything today, But somehow I felt it was necessary. Mostly for me. One of the beautiful things and frustrating things about being creative is that it comes with lots of emotions that need to be aired out. Well, today and over the past few weeks, I have felt particularly angry. 

I remember reading in the book The Artist's Way (A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity) that Anger is a sign that somewhere along the way our boundaries have been crossed.  Sometimes you don't even know you have boundaries until a circumstance reveals it (or people cross over it). This is what I have been feeling lately.

It has particularly surfaced more in my attempts in creating a meaningful work-life, giving talents like organizing and administrative gifts a front row seat. Things have not gone as smoothly as I would have liked (more on this in 2019 e-book 2), and although I embrace all experiences as learning and not failure, I admit that I don't like the lessons that I am having to learn along the way, but it's necessary. It reveals work that needs to be done, improvements that need to be made, and even sheds light on other things like, perhaps I am using these gifts but they are not all the way aligned with my values and my end goals. 

The challenge is maybe it's time to take a step back, or maybe it's just time to do some things differently. Whatever I decide is best, I do want to acknowledge that being angry is normal, and I do not feel bad about it. Which honestly, shows me that I have come a long ways!

Creativity is life. It has its ups and downs, and it has its starts, tweaks, and stops.  

I just need to figure out what part of this is right for me now. 

xoxo
Nherie



Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *