Reflective Post: Be Brave...



I consider family, marriage and relationships as sacred.  When things are going well, we tend to shout out on the rooftops. But when they aren't going well or there needs to be adjustments, it can be a silencing thing. A shock to the soul. Well, this is where I am today. 

My family life has changed dramatically over the past few weeks. It seemed sudden, but in all honesty it was a outcome waiting to happen.  Out of respect for my marriage, my children and my close friends and family who are connected to us in this new phase, challenge and journey, I cannot speak about it in detail (not yet because I'm still wandering through it). But I can tell you that the current changes were needed.

Sometimes when things are slipping out of order, too often you want to carry on and hope things will just get better. But life isn't set up that way.  Life is set up as lessons, and when you go too long not saying or doing or working on the little things that create your day to day life, things can get chaotic. 

The good news is, that cycle has officially broken and a new work has begun.  Like any change, its scary, heartbreaking, and at the same time liberating and hopeful.  I will not pretend it's easy, but this will likely be the most courageous step in my journey.

I know that I am not alone. I have plenty of friends and family who are praying and who pour into my life encouragement and lots of check-in's. 

It's not the end of the world. So, while I am here in this moment and season, I have committed to my own personal work, reevaluation of my priorities, true self care, and staying connected to being creative.

Be Brave,
Nherie

Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *