Reflective Post: The Weight of Something Spiritual



Photo Credit: The Odyssey Online

I had to write this to get it out of my head....

Life is ever changing. When you think you have it figured out, you realize there is yet more work to do; an idea falls short of the outcome you were expecting, you work hard at a collaborative project to find that you haven't been met half way or you simply lose motivation having to deal with the day to day stuff.

I recall a post last year I wrote about vision and I still hold fast to the idea that lack of vision is the root of problems, but sometimes the process getting there needs a reset.  It needs to be redefined or written out in a much clearer way. Like literally writing down a step by step.  So, this is where I am right here smack in the beginning of 2019. Redefining those steps. It may mean walking some of those steps alone, but that's OK. 

I had been in prayer almost desperation about some personal family matters and I was impressed or led to move on an idea to do a little more purging of the unnecessary, taking out the old at home that isn't needed to prepare for the new. It was more an act of faith and let me tell you the spirit of resistance and warfare has been on every since. I still have papers shuffled around in the living room that I need to get back to. I had to take a break to try and deal with the flood of emotions and confusion outbreak in my home. I don't know how many of you out there believe in spiritual things, let me tell you, it's real. So real that it can easily trap you in and you will spin with it's crazy cycle.

I have committed to doing what I can to keep the peace, and finish the assignment. I know I am on to something or there would be no resistance at all. 

I was intuitively asked the question, are you ready to fight? I answered with a tearful yes. This means that the way I have done things before will have to change also. It's no longer serving me. My perspective has to change and I have to stop allowing myself to be bullied down in doubt when I know I am on to something.

It will not make sense to people who aren't looking at things from a spiritual perspective. Much of the stuff in life that are the most challenging are not all about things you can see. This is definitely one of those situations.

Here's the verse that I woke up to one morning this week. My mind only recalled a certain potion of it, but it was enough to know that it was spot on and relevant. 

“Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even put a road in the wilderness,

Rivers in the desert."

another version...

Isaiah 43:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness

    and streams in the wasteland.

I receive it. 




Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *