Reflective Post: This Single Mom Rocks!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Listen to the blog post as audio here.

If anyone would have told me that I would be back on the single mom road again at this time in my life, I would not have believed it. I remember talking briefly to a new friend I had met a few months ago and I said to her, "Single mom life feels so different now". To be blunt honest, I wasn't sure if I even remembered how to do life again, without a partner. When you are married or partnered, much of your decisions include or involve another person, which is supposed to lighten the load of life with a family. You may find in some instances it does and in others it may not (we all, I am sure have our versions of the story and the truth here. I know I do!) But still, the shock of going at it alone again was no less a crushing disappointment. 

The hardest reality is when you walk away with little to nothing to show for the work you put in to make decisions that included a partner. In the natural, I literally moved on with nothing to my name except my car, my children and a handful of our sentimental things and only what we absolutely needed. It sounds devastating but this was literally the best 1st of many blessings that followed. Because of this, I had less "stuff" to manage and was able to put all my focus into my next steps. 

In 4 months, I was back at square one (new place, a few new gigs) and also having a little fun and me time. I do plan to talk more about this in my new bookI am much smarter than I think I am. I am more resilient than I might feel. I have more help around me that I may not be aware of at the moment, and it seems to always come at the right time. Because the things I have learned very quickly just from intuition and prayer, my perspective on my abilities has changed the way I see myself forever and I do not have to settle anywhere in life that I don't want to. 


That's the beauty of my life now. 

Xoxo

Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *