Embrace Your Achievements: You're Already Doing More Than Enough!

📬 Join my monthly newsletter now! (I send just one email per month)

☕You can also buy me a coffee!


Embrace Your Achievements: 
You're Already Doing More Than Enough!

When was the last time you felt proud of yourself? I started thinking this way after my separation, even though it wasn't intentional. The list of things I had to do seemed never-ending. But I was determined to push through it and become the best version of myself again, for my sake and my children's.

As I tackled the challenges, I would often tell myself, "I'm really proud of you." It didn't matter if I completed everything on my to-do list or not. The truth was, I had a lot on my plate, and I needed to remind myself that I was doing a great job, no matter how I felt. I've heard stories of others in similar situations who took longer to recover, but I didn't let those stories make me doubt myself or believe that I would struggle as much as they did.

I wonder if this small self-encouragement made a difference.

It's wonderful to hear praise from others, but I've noticed that it has an even bigger impact when I say it to myself. No one understands my inner struggles better than I do, so when I affirm my pride in myself, it brings a deeper sense of healing. The more I repeat it, the more I start believing it, and that self-belief builds trust in myself, knowing it's genuinely true.

There's no accomplishment too small or too large to take pride in. So, I made a small list of recent achievements I'm proud of, and I suggest you do the same for yourself.

  • I managed to secure a new home despite having mixed income that I initially thought wouldn't be sufficient to make it happen. 🏠
  • I started working part-time as an admin for a small team who value me as a person. They don't care about the size of the tasks I handle; they respect and appreciate me. They're even willing to make me a sandwich for lunch if I'd like. 🍞
  • I spent time with my kids at the park.
| Check out my upper body strength 💪
  • I took the kids to a Chinese restaurant and let them order whatever they wanted because I could afford it. 💸
  • I now stick to doing laundry every other week and surprisingly, it's no longer a chore for me. I actually enjoy laundry day now. 👗
  • Learning to enjoy cooking again. 🍳

What are some things you are proud of? Leave a comment below.

| Follow the New Journey: 'A Creative Life by Nherie'!


Follow Me: Pinterest


Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *