Creative Healing: Cooking and appetizers to heal my artist's soul!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

Every creative journey is a healing one! This past year, I made a point to celebrate and esteem myself when I was particularly happy with something I cooked or put together. I have never been a fan of hard core cooking nor heavy meals. I have always been an "appetizer" type cooker and eater. Here is a look at some of my favorite appetizers!


In no particular order, This Manwhich Toast was a complete accident. I forgot to get the burger buns so, on to toast it went. Topped with spinach and shredded cheese and drizzled with French dressing! 


Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado


One morning, I decided to add cool whip and fruit to my traditional oatmeal. My favorite part of this was the seeing the cool whip melt on the edges into the oatmeal. On occasion, I add creamer in my oatmeal, especially if the oatmeal is plain. 

Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado


I tell you this was the best grill cheese combination for my taste buds! Take a regular grill cheese and add dill pickle, avocado and tomatoes. Sprinkle the avocado and tomato with a little garlic salt and pepper and enjoy!

Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado


Saving microwavable platters allowed me to portion and separate my work meals and made reheating very easy. This particular day, it was leftover dinner- baked tilapia and fresh roma tomatoes, fresh white onion, and green pepper. Tilapia was seasoned with a little garlic salt, pepper and lemon pepper. Veggies seasoned with a little pink salt and pepper.


Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

This particular morning, I needed a few fried eggs (in coconut oil) with white onion and green pepper, pink salt and pepper. Side of roma tomatoes and something healthy and sweet- diced nectarines, cool whip topping and a few frozen black berries! 



Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

My own yogurt parfait snack after a little exercise session. Diced nectarines, vanilla and raspberry yogurt and cool whip. Layer up!



Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

This was a simple quick meal idea from the grocery frozen food section. I was trying something I hadn't had in a while-  stir-fry chicken with peppers. I took it home, cooked it and added white rice. It was simple and tasty and leftovers for lunch the next day.  



Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

I remember this evening quite well. I was feeling pretty run down but I wanted to put something together for dinner. Although the kids weren't all that excited about the onions and green pepper in the sausage (all oven baked), nor the diced tomatoes or avocado, I added the mashed potatoes to "even" things out :)


Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

Another day of the gilled-cheese! Added a chicken noodle soup (canned) heated very hot and added into the soup fresh diced onion, cucumber, roma tomatoes, ground ginger, black pepper, garlic salt/pepper. Side items are avocado and orange slices (for the kids), and my favorite banana cinnamon cornbread muffins! **These muffins deserve their own applause and step by step**



Photo & Preparation by Nherie Tellado

Christmas cookies! I cannot take all the credit for these! My best girlfriend and her son make these sugar cookies every year, and every year for the past 4 years I have either taken myself or my family over to join in on the decorating. It's creative, fun and if you aren't in a good mood, you will be once you get going!

What are some of your favorite little dishes or recipes that you enjoy putting together?

Here are additional resources I have put together that are recipe or cooking related:


xoxo
Nherie








Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *