Reflective Writing: My Greatest Ambition

 


Something I wrote five years ago in 2017(mildly revised).

"I will never forget as a young adult what it felt like to not trust other adults. To feel like I was guiding myself. Some misinterpreted it as me not having any ambition or that I was lazy. This was far from the truth because when I served or worked, it was to excellence. 
I had ambitions but I was never asked what they were or how I could be helped getting there. I realize that many of the adults that were around me at that time were still figuring it out for themselves.  
I feel like had they'd been honest, perhaps I at least could have accepted my failures/lessons in life better.

Fast forward to today, I am officially the adult, still figuring it out. The difference now is that I know that I'm not alone. There are far more ways to do things and get it done, and so many talented people around me to help, that have suggestions and insights and encouragement.

I'll say my greatest ambition in life is the relationship I create with myself.  Because after getting all the advice, the criticism, and judgment, the only thing that matters to me now is, did I honor myself and my creative spirit today. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, but today!
 
If I go to bed at night with peace in my heart that I have done what I could, with the resources that I have, today, then yesterday doesn't matter, and tomorrow, if it comes, will be what it will be." 

-Nherie 

 

Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *