Inside My eBook Chapter: Red Patent Leather Belt

In my eBook Living a Life of Creativity, chapter "Red Patent Leather Belt", I share a story about a period of time being bullied in elementary school because of the clothes I decided to wear to school. I was in the 5th grade and had grown out of mom picking out my clothes for me.  I was proud of myself, but that did not stop one particular girl from picking on me and even pulled others into the gimmick. 


It was an extremely anxious time, as I was not dressing myself for anyone else but me.  Suddenly, I was thrust into the subconscious belief that no matter  how experimental I desired to be with my clothes, there was someone there to tear me down from head to toe, and I did not like that.

Even as a teen, I had started drawing and sketching fashion and styles and coming up with runway ideas for my own fashion show. Although I do not sketch like this anymore, the desire to be me in my clothing has never gone away.

Maybe  I will pick up the drawing pencils again and give it another shot, but I am satisfied to say that even though I feel creativity was deferred after such an early experience with destructive criticism, I wear my clothes today proudly. I wear them for me.

Living a Life of Creativity is about reaching back and pulling dormant creative desires forward to heal thyself. 


Nherie







Comments

Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

Name

Email *

Message *