Do Life One Week at a Time


What does it mean to take life one week at a time, and when should you consider this approach? 

Let's make this more relatable. I want to talk to those of you who are feeling the financial and systemic pressures that have disrupted your usual way of managing your household. Your mind might be spiraling into worst-case scenarios about your financial stability. This is completely normal.

You've worked hard to maintain stability, but it feels like everything is slipping away. You may have lost your job, downsized your home, made significant cuts to your budget, or even had to put a pause on a business idea due to resource constraints. Believe me, I'm right there with you.

I don't always wake up with unwavering confidence that I'll make it through the day. However, I do wake up and realize that it's another opportunity to try again: work on my plans, nurture my business ideas, earn some money, pay those bills, or simply take a break and regroup for tomorrow.

You can let go of trying to do everything at once, but don't give up on trying again today!

Building healthy and stable families, businesses, and maintaining mental and emotional well-being is particularly challenging in our current times. I believe that not enough posts like this one are reaching those who need them most.

Here's a list of some real challenges I've faced, and you might find parts of your story in here too:
  • Last year, I lost a third of my income due to a sudden part-time job layoff
  • I had to let go of other projects that weren't progressing or agreements that couldn't be honored.
  • In early 2022, I lost even more expected income, depleting my emergency savings account. This created a resource gap for launching a business idea.
  • I have two children in different school zones with different academic requirements. I'm pushing hard to ensure my eldest graduates from high school after two frustrating years of academic decline during and after the pandemic. In my opinion, single-parenting is tougher now. 
  • Accessing healthcare has become increasingly difficult, even for regular check-ups or addressing minor health concerns.
  • Buying food or making any purchases requires extensive budgeting and reevaluation. Not everything in my budget makes it to the payment stage.
  • Motivation ebbs and flows. If it weren't for my commitment to doing creative activities at least weekly, motivation might not come at all.
I'm sharing this because I want you to know that there is no shame here! Like many of you, I have done and still doing all the next right steps for me and my situation for the needs of my family. 

| Also Read: 'Losing Income Is the Worst and What to Do Next,' a mini-resource guide and encouragement for the journey of job loss.

I'm taking life one week at a time, focusing on a few key things:

Most importantly, making sure my children and I feel safe at home.  Monitoring our emotional and mental health. Keeping my home environment free of chaos. 

    1. Ensuring my children and I feel safe at home and maintaining our emotional and mental health.
    2. Keeping my home environment free of chaos.
    3. Checking what's due in the upcoming week or two and focusing solely on those tasks.
    4. Pursuing seasonal ideas that connect to my creativity and generate income while I regroup.
    5. Engaging in self-development and a career pivot to align my work experience with my passion (a non-negotiable for me), while also considering projects that align with my goals.
    6. When I have the energy, I dedicate time to support national or community causes, using my voice and education to contribute to solutions.

    Believe it or not, I've seen worse times, and I've also seen better. Give this approach a try; encourage yourself, one week at a time.

    Additional posts I have written that may also be helpful to you.

    10 Ideas to Bring Calm, Consistency & Routine into Your Life 

    Maintaining Self-Care When Loved Ones Are Sick 

    When Money is Tight! 7 Questions That Will Keep You Solution Minded

    Explore the fresh and inspiring content on the new blog "A Creative Life by Nherie" for exciting topics and creative insights.



    Comments

    Send a friendly "HELLO" to Nherie!

    Name

    Email *

    Message *